The Imperial Dominion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pres. Bush

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

pres. Bush - Page 3 Empty Re: pres. Bush

Post  Guest Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:44 pm

WARSHOVA wrote:"global warming" is NOT real it never was and it never will be. The Bible says nothing about "global warming" but it says about something called the apocalypse is when every Christian will goto Heaven and God will win the battle and Satan will loose. Im a Christian just so that u know and "global warming" ticks me off because it is not real. And what would happen if we didnt goto war Iraq would keep attacking USA many lives would be lost the twin towers was just to scare us so that we would obey them and no longer be a Christian Nation.
The Bible also doesn't say anything about elections or plate tectonics or, for that matter, much about satellite radios or glass-pane windows. But we have those and they are all real.
I'm also concerned about this strange idea you had that Iraq attacking the United States, which never happened, and by your connection of Iraq and the attacks on September 11, which were also found to be entirely unconnected.
Global warming is real and present. The war in Iraq was unprovoked and not connected to any terrorist incident. This is reality.

There are three things we must remember when reading the Bible:
1) The absence of something doesn't make it true.
2) The absence of something doesn't make it untrue.
3) Much of what is present is untrue.

Also, as a civics lesson, the United States is not a Christian Nation. It is a secular nation. The Constitution banned religious tests of office, the First Amendment banned restrictions on religious practice, and the Declaration and Constitution were written primarily by deists, agnostics, and atheists. A Christian Nation this does not make.

There we go, science, current affairs, scripture, and civics, all in one post.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:56 pm

Also, to our friend from Australia, the US survives rather poorly without free healthcare.
Hillary's original plan was a large, national healthcare system back in 1993, but that lost support with the 1994 "Conservative Revolution," which also lead to Congress refusing to pass any of the budgets and nonessential government services being temporarily shut down.
Her new plan is for compulsory, government-subsidized, open-access, minimum-standard-of-coverage, payments-equal-regardless-of-illness health insurance being offered by both private insurers and government insurers. They would compete primarily on extra services and convenience, rather than premiums and essential services.
It's very similar to Switzerland's and the Netherland's healthcare systems.
Barrack Obama proposes employers providing insurance in a very vague proposal, as are most things he says.
John McCain doesn't really care if we all go out and die from lack of coverage suggests offering tax rebates.

Last edited by The Barricades on Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I felt the last sentence needed a verb, or else it wouldn't make much sense)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:38 am

The Barricades wrote:
WARSHOVA wrote:"global warming" is NOT real it never was and it never will be. The Bible says nothing about "global warming" but it says about something called the apocalypse is when every Christian will goto Heaven and God will win the battle and Satan will loose. Im a Christian just so that u know and "global warming" ticks me off because it is not real. And what would happen if we didnt goto war Iraq would keep attacking USA many lives would be lost the twin towers was just to scare us so that we would obey them and no longer be a Christian Nation.
The Bible also doesn't say anything about elections or plate tectonics or, for that matter, much about satellite radios or glass-pane windows. But we have those and they are all real.
I'm also concerned about this strange idea you had that Iraq attacking the United States, which never happened, and by your connection of Iraq and the attacks on September 11, which were also found to be entirely unconnected.
Global warming is real and present. The war in Iraq was unprovoked and not connected to any terrorist incident. This is reality.

There are three things we must remember when reading the Bible:
1) The absence of something doesn't make it true.
2) The absence of something doesn't make it untrue.
3) Much of what is present is untrue.

Also, as a civics lesson, the United States is not a Christian Nation. It is a secular nation. The Constitution banned religious tests of office, the First Amendment banned restrictions on religious practice, and the Declaration and Constitution were written primarily by deists, agnostics, and atheists. A Christian Nation this does not make.

There we go, science, current affairs, scripture, and civics, all in one post.

You, good sir, have my respect. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:39 pm

Up here in Canada, things work a lot differently from the American healthcare system (thank God).
We do get free healthcare, but medicine we do have to pay for. Ironically, after spending billions every
year on each other, the most that Canadians usually do is bitch and bitch and bitch about our "terrible"
and "deteriorating" health care system lol!

BTW weren't we talking about Bush?

If not, I propose we turn this into a complaint thread about
LOU DOBBS Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:23 pm

I wonder if anyone can ever undo what George Bush has done

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:01 am

WHOO GO CANADA Smile

And nope deff not, he screwed it up....

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:02 am

Prime MinisterClarkson103 wrote:WHOO GO CANADA Smile

And nope deff not, he screwed it up....

agreed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:56 pm

What part of canada you from ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:15 pm

Vancouver, the coolest part.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:17 pm

Ya right Ontario baby Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:19 pm

Oooh, Toronto, and the maple leafs. We hate Toronto.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:21 pm

President Bush is a puppet. My 5 year old son has a better understanding of what is necessary. The children of today need a better education and families need to be supported by the government, not beat down at every turn.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:22 pm

Haha im like 45 mins from there lol Razz. And Yep ima Maple Leaf Fan.

pres. Bush - Page 3 Ca@ho-to

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:56 pm

Maine destroys at Hockey. Maybe not against the canadians though

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:16 pm

Prime MinisterClarkson103 wrote:Haha im like 45 mins from there lol Razz. And Yep ima Maple Leaf Fan.

pres. Bush - Page 3 Ca@ho-to

Eww, go Canadiens (why cheer for the Canucks when they suck so much)

pres. Bush - Page 3 Canadiens

BTW we should make a sports thread, we're ruining this topic with our Canadian impulses.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:14 pm

haha ya I think this is straying just a little bit from president bush

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:04 pm

Optamus wrote:haha ya I think this is straying just a little bit from president bush

heh heh, yeah pretty much. Besides, I think its pretty obvious
that Bush is and idiot and no one likes him. This is more of a
"think of the most colourful and inflammatory insults regarding
the american president" thread.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:13 pm

youd be suprised, you know who voted for him, small ruarl towns, you know where they are, every where

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:19 pm

well yes, people did vote for him. However, the publics state of mind is currently highly anti-bush. Of course this is also partly due to election fever. But generally, I think Bush is personally a mediocre president, not terrible. It's just that he chose the wrong advisers to listen too when it was time to make big decisions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:48 am

I think he is really just an awful president. and if anyone at all supporeted him after the first term it is simply based on the fact that they are such hard nosed republicans that they refuse to admit that their rep is an ^%$^%$(*

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:28 pm

i find it funny, how many posts we have had on here, and not one person has said, ya hes okay.... What does that tell you hahaah

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Juandiga wrote:well yes, people did vote for him. However, the publics state of mind is currently highly anti-bush. Of course this is also partly due to election fever. But generally, I think Bush is personally a mediocre president, not terrible. It's just that he chose the wrong advisers to listen too when it was time to make big decisions.

To be fair, the people voted for Al Gore, but, as it's done by states' electoral college amounts, and not votes, the Electoral College voted for Bush.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:13 pm

The Barricades wrote:
Juandiga wrote:well yes, people did vote for him. However, the publics state of mind is currently highly anti-bush. Of course this is also partly due to election fever. But generally, I think Bush is personally a mediocre president, not terrible. It's just that he chose the wrong advisers to listen too when it was time to make big decisions.

To be fair, the people voted for Al Gore, but, as it's done by states' electoral college amounts, and not votes, the Electoral College voted for Bush.

That's the problem with the electoral colleges. They completely invalidate the opinion of the people and their choice. Every democratic system has its quirks, and that's one of the American quirks. Don't make me start about the weirdness of the Canadian system,

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Quirk? It's absolute lunacy that gives rural populations a disproportionate voice in the government.
It's the same way all states get 2 Senators, regardless of whether they have 30 million people (California) or 400,000 (Wyoming).
But, then again, at least our Senate is elected and not just appointed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:14 pm

You got me there, but I will say that I'm no fan of our appointed senate myself. However, unlike america, our senate has no power, all they can really do is delay bills.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum