The Imperial Dominion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do you believe in global warming

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

do you believe in global warming Empty do you believe in global warming

Post  Guest Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:50 pm

I do, but I dont think we caused I think we sped it up about 30years. We are in an ice age( interglaical)and have been for 1,000 years +, that is my reasoning.

( i cant wait till it is over because the poles are supposedly going to turn into,essentially, Hawaie)

Back to top Go down

do you believe in global warming Empty Re: do you believe in global warming

Post  Guest Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:59 pm

i don't think its true, but i don't want to debate about it right now- lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:17 am

i dont beleive in it (besides who cares if our grand kids or great grand kids dont see a polar bear)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominius Aurelius Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:04 pm

I believe in it, but I don't believe it's happening as fast as some people might think.
Dominius Aurelius
Dominius Aurelius
Viceroy

https://theimperialdominion.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:17 pm

vovava wrote:I do, but I dont think we caused I think we sped it up about 30years. We are in an ice age( interglaical)and have been for 1,000 years +, that is my reasoning.

( i cant wait till it is over because the poles are supposedly going to turn into,essentially, Hawaie)

I believe in Global warming and that we are speeding up the process, however I don't think it's as immediate a danger as many say.

Back to top Go down

do you believe in global warming Empty Hmmm...

Post  Guest Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:21 pm

I do belive in it, but i don't think that it was all us. Its funny that this topic is brotten up, because im co-oping at an elemtary school, and for there sci projects they have to do a topic on this.

It was originally belived that the whole in the ozone layer has always been there, shrinking and expanding. But the way that humans have been poluting the earth it has just really expanded. ( i saw a pic of how big the hole was, its huge, like completley the artic is gone. LIKE I MEAN MASSIVE) and it gave me chills down my spine. Researchs say that if we ban ceartin chemicals, lower car admision, the hole will sink back down.

So basically the world is not goin to end. But if we keep it up new york, and flordia are sureley gone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:25 pm

Yes I think the Minister is right, if we keep doing things the way we are doing them, tons of islands and land will be flooded. So I guess you could say I believe in it. We have been polluting so much more than we did back in the day, but how can they explain the last ice age? something must have gone wrong back then, and it sure wasn't us at that time but we still had a ice age. We might be aiding it, but is it natural or not? you decide

Back to top Go down

do you believe in global warming Empty Very true

Post  Guest Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:28 pm

People say that the earth goes through a natural cooling, and warming up period, right now i think we are probably at the top of the warming up stage, because it hit 40 c in canada this summer that just past thats crazy.

But you have to admit that pollution is not helping at all....

We need to figure out what is goin on lol Razz effin sci. lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:32 pm

haha, wow 40 c, I'm guessing that's a lot because I'm not used to celsius. Some wierd stuff has been going on, I mean one year it's insanely warm and another we break a record for snow or something. So I think things must be going wrong. ( the example of the warm winter is that last year in Maine we didn't have snow during Christmas and this year we had like three snowday's before Christmas. I mean come on..)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:34 pm

I do believe in it, enough that there's a hybrid outside my home, but don't believe enough for it to be more than a hybrid SUV.
Besides, it's my neighbour's hybrid, not mine.

Back to top Go down

do you believe in global warming Empty hahaa

Post  Guest Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:38 pm

oaky lol Razz

Well ye i don't know about all this, it could just be a big hoax, to get them to jack up oil prices, can we really belive wat the media says..... nope!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:09 am

I don't believe because look at it out! and it said it will be worse!!!-lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:31 am

Emperor Dominius Aurelius wrote:I believe in it, but I don't believe it's happening as fast as some people might think.

I believe in it, and I believe it is happening as we speak. As an Australian I see and feel the effects personally. The drought (which has been going on for about 10 years) continues with no sign of breaking, and whilst I haven't been around for very long I'm told its approaching abnormality.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:44 pm

I do believe that "global warming" is happening, however considering this has only been
a field of study for the last 50 or so years, for all we know, this is a regular fluctuation.

As well, it's sometimes hard to discern what the problems are, as the fads over the years
have changed. Littering, Pollution, Carbon Footprint, Global Warming, Miles per Gallon, Emissions,
Green house gases......

All of these are related, but there is no unified voice, or a unified plan, and until
that occurs, nothing will happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:37 pm

haha_Juandiga wrote:As well, it's sometimes hard to discern what the problems are, as the fads over the years
have changed. Littering, Pollution, Carbon Footprint, Global Warming, Miles per Gallon, Emissions,
Green house gases......

All of these are related, but there is no unified voice, or a unified plan, and until
that occurs, nothing will happen.

But they all come under one umbrella: Human mistreatment of the environment. And there is a unified voice: Stop! It's just that the 70-year-old conservatives in government around the world don't want to listen, because their sole purpose in life is to better the economy, and action would conflict with that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Nioclas wrote:

But they all come under one umbrella: Human mistreatment of the environment. And there is a unified voice: Stop! It's just that the 70-year-old conservatives in government around the world don't want to listen, because their sole purpose in life is to better the economy, and action would conflict with that.

I think that you're reasoning is absolutely right,

but,

What is this unified voice, Al Gore? Ha! I think not.
And I think that the motives of those corrupt 70
year olds probably run more along the lines of
vote for me vote for me, oh god they're just like
little.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:28 am

Juandiga wrote:
Nioclas wrote:

I think that you're reasoning is absolutely right,

but,

What is this unified voice, Al Gore? Ha! I think not.
And I think that the motives of those corrupt 70
year olds probably run more along the lines of
vote for me vote for me, oh god they're just like
little.

I agree, except for the Al Gore part. What's wrong with him?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:18 am

I think Al Gore is right. Have you seen his movie? I mean ya it is kind of " vote for me" but if you watch the informative parts he's right
on global warming.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:20 pm

I simply disagree with Al Gore and the rest of these high profile scientists and critics of the environment, because they don't present any large-scale solutions. They have helped to raise awareness, but they should not be so quick to criticize, when they haven't actually saved the environment yet. We (meaning everybody) haven't even started a half decent effort to save the environment yet, and already we are caught in the politics of who's fault it was, and such. It's a terrible sign when we're more worried about that sort of stuff, rather than the environment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:54 pm

On the subject of global warming, I think it's about time the world took a second look at nuclear power, along with all the attention given to solar and wind.
France has the cleanest air in the world and the cheapest electricity in Europe, because the vast majority of their power is nuclear.
The heat from nuclear power can be used for cogeneration, i.e. district heating and cooling.
It's a win-win.

Wow, I've been copying a lot of ideas from France recently. Maybe I should copy some other ideas for a change...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:12 pm

The Barricades wrote:On the subject of global warming, I think it's about time the world took a second look at nuclear power, along with all the attention given to solar and wind.
France has the cleanest air in the world and the cheapest electricity in Europe, because the vast majority of their power is nuclear.
The heat from nuclear power can be used for cogeneration, i.e. district heating and cooling.
It's a win-win.

Wow, I've been copying a lot of ideas from France recently. Maybe I should copy some other ideas for a change...

Agreed, people simply are uninformed and continue to associate nuclear power
with such terrible things as Chernobyl, and H-bombs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:34 am

I dont think it is misinformation that people are ruluctant to turn to nuclear power. Some awful things happened because of nuclear power plants, look at russia for example (if I'm clear on the facts they have the worlds highest percentage of disasters)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Yes, but there was only one accident
Chernobyl was caused by poor Soviet management.
I'd trust the United States most Western countries to manage nuclear power slightly better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:24 pm

i mean i believe that we are tearing apart the ozone but i don't think its warming the planet but almost as if in the warmer areas its cooling and in the cooler areas its warming in the cooler areas, like here in the states around michigan and Ohio we have gotten the most snow we have gotten since the seventies and the winters are starting later and ending later, so i have mixed feelings about this whole global warming issue

Back to top Go down

do you believe in global warming Empty I agree

Post  Guest Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:59 pm

Yepp, i agree with what you said, but i know my generation is going to be like the last, and just be like well the people before us messed it up, so w/e why do we care. Its not our fault. Thats why im debatin if i want to have kids, because i don't want to make them live through this crap. Its not fair.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum