The Imperial Dominion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constitution of The New Inquisition

Go down

Constitution of The New Inquisition Empty Constitution of The New Inquisition

Post  Dominius Aurelius Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:05 pm

The Constitution of the New Inquisition

Article I- The Monarchy

i). The Head of State of the Empire shall be the Kaiserin of the Empire of the New Inquisition.

ii). The Kaiserin shall ceremonially open The Diet every term.

iii). The Kaiserin must grant assent to an Act of the Diet or Decree of Council before it shall be legally binding on all citizens of the Empire.

iv). The Kaiserin may issue a pardon for any citizen convicted of a crime by the Haupterrichter .

v). The Kaiserin shall hold the right to nominate her successor who shall be the Crown Prince of the Empire of the New Inquisition.

vi). The Crown Prince shall be the Haupterrichter of the Empire of the New Inquisition.

vii). Neither the Crown Prince nor the Kaiserin may serve in the Diet, however, both shall be made Administrators of the forum.

viii). The Kaiserin may declare war with the consent of the Ministerpräsident.

ix). The Kaiserin shall be responsible for granting of citizenship. She may delegate this power to another member as she sees fit.

Article II – The Executive

Section I – The Ministerpräsident

i). The Ministerpräsident, shall exercise all executive authority within The New Inquisition not already stated to be a power of the Kaiserin, however, the Kaiserin may delegate him such powers.

ii). The Ministerpräsident shall be elected and may be removed by a simple majority vote in the Reichstag. A Ministerpräsident may not be removed unless a successor is named. If the position becomes vacant through resignation or absence for more than seven days then the Deputy Ministerpräsident shall relieve him and take on his powers in a temporary capacity until the Ministerpräsident returns or the Reichstag selects a new Ministerpräsident. If no such position had been appointed, then the Lord President of the Herrenhaus shall fill the role.

iii). The Kaiserin may dismiss the Ministerpräsident and his Cabinet as a whole at her pleasure. The Reichstag shall then be compelled to appoint a new Ministerpräsident with a simple majority or the dismissed Ministerpräsident and Cabinet with a two-thirds majority. If the dismissed Ministerpräsident is re-elected he may not be dismissed by the Kaiserin again for another two weeks.

Section II – The Cabinet of Ministers

i). The Ministerpräsident shall nominate a Cabinet of Ministers to his/her liking to be approved by the Kaiserin. The Ministers shall serve at the liberty of the Ministerpräsident, and shall derive their powers from the Diet or The Kaiserin.

ii). Citizens may serve concurrently within Diet and within the Cabinet of Ministers.

Article III – The Diet

Section I

i). All other legislative powers shall be vested in the Diet of The New Inquisition, which shall consist of an upper chamber, the Herrenhaus, and a lower chamber, the Reichstag.

Section II – The Reichstag

i). The Reichstag of The New Inquisition shall be composed of members elected to their posts on the occasion of an election.

ii). The Reichstag shall consist of eleven members, who shall be elected by the citizens of The New Inquisition.

iii). When vacancies occur in Reichstag, a by-election shall take place to elect a Member of the Reichstag to fulfil the remainder of the term.

iv). The Reichstag shall choose a President of the Reichstag from among them. The process of this shall be as follows; Any elected Reichstag Deputy (except for the Ministerpräsident) may nominate themselves for the position, after forty-eight hours, or at the will of the Kaiserin, a vote of Reichstag Delegates shall proceed. A nominee requires a majority of votes to be named President of the Reichstag. If any nominee fails to receive a majority of the votes cast, then the Ministerpräsident shall select a candidate for the position from the two Delegates who gained the most votes.

v). The President of the Reichstag shall have the sole authority to call a vote on legislation within the House, but cannot stall legislation for a period lasting longer than seven days if four elected Deputies request a vote.

vi). The President of the Reichstag shall have the sole authority to call a vote on legislation within the House, after seven days unless 2/3 of the Reichstag requests an earlier vote. The President may stall a vote up to but no longer than fourteen days.

Section III – The Herrenhaus

i). The Herrenhaus of The New Inquisition shall be composed of members appointed Peers of the Realm by the Kaiserin who shall invent their title. Members of The Herrenhaus may also be commonly referred to as Lords.

ii). No person shall serve as a Lord, if he or she is already serving as a Member of the Reichstag.

iii). The Herrenhaus shall choose the Lord President of the Herrenhaus from among them. The process shall be as follows; The Kaiserin will nominate a Lord for the position. Each Lord will then vote to approve, disapprove, or abstain. If the number of approvals is in the majority, then the nominated Lord shall become the Lord President. If a nominee fails to receive a majority of the votes cast, then the Kaiserin shall nominate a new candidate for the position. This process shall be repeated until a Lord President is chosen, or until three successive nominees fail to win a majority vote, at which time the Kaiserin shall select the Lord President.

iv). The Lord President of The Herrenhaus shall have the sole authority to call a vote on legislation within the House, but cannot stall legislation for a period lasting longer than seven days if a majority of the Lords have requested a vote.

Section IV – The Legislative Process

Section IV – The Legislative Process

i). All legislative actions shall originate in the Reichstag; however, The Herrenhaus may propose Amendments.

ii). All bills must be approved by both chambers of the Diet to be presented to the Kaiserin for approval. All amendments must be approved by both chambers
in order to be attached to the bill.

iii). The Members of the Reichstag may vote to override the Herrenhaus should the Herrenhaus not approve a bill. If seven-ninths of the Members of the Reichstag vote to override the Herrenhaus, the legislation shall be presented to the Kaiserin for approval.

iv). Every bill that is approved by both chambers of the Diet shall be presented to the Kaiserin for approval. The Kaiserin may approve legislation by
signing it, or The Kaiserin may veto legislation and return it to the Reichstag.

v). The Members of the Reichstag may vote to override the Kaiserin’s veto. If seven Members of the Reichstag vote to override the veto, the legislation shall be considered law.

vi). If any legislation is neither signed, nor returned to the Reichstag within five days of its original approval, it shall be enacted without the approval
of the Ministerpräsident. If legislation that has been vetoed is returned to the Reichstag at a time when the Diet is not in session, the vote to override
the veto shall be the first act of business when the new Diet convenes.

vii). No citizen of The New Inquisition shall aspire to be both a Member of the Reichstag and a Lord, concurrently. Only elected members of the Reichstag
and members of The Herrenhaus are allowed to speak within those chambers, unless approved by either The President of the Reichstag or The Lord President
of The Herrenhaus, respectively.

Article IV – The Judiciary

Section I – The Reich Court of Justice

Section I – The Reich Court of Justice

i). The Reich Court of Justice, hereafter referred to as the Court, shall act as the highest judicial authority in The New Inquisition and shall be composed of three Richter, where a maximum of two can be Lords.

ii). Of the Pusine Richter one must be a member of the Herrenhaus and the other must be an untitled citizen. No person shall serve as a Pusine Richter of The Court while concurrently holding any position within The Executive or The Reichstag.

iii). Puisne Richter of The Court shall be nominated by the Ministerpräsident and approved by The Herrenhaus and shall serve lifetime terms.

iv). Richter may choose to resign from their positions at any time, at which point the Ministerpräsident shall be expected to appoint a replacement. Richter may also be impeached by The Diet, upon the same guidelines for removal of The Ministerpräsident.

v). The Haupterrichter shall be the third Richter and shall preside over Court Cases.

vi). Only the Haupterrichter may issue a Warrant legalising the seizure of a citizen’s posting, moderator or admin rights for forty-eight hours if he believes there is sufficient evidence to charge that citizen of a crime against the law. The “arrested” citizen shall be e-mailed with a summons to a session of the Court to try them after forty-eight hours when they shall have received full posting rights.

vii). The Court shall be burdened with the duty of interpreting this document, interpreting laws passed by The Diet and for settling conflicts between citizens, only when cases are brought before them.

viii). A judge may not be affiliated with a political party.

Article V– The Constitution

i). Any member of The Diet may propose Amendments to this Constitution. All amendments to this document must be approved by a both Diet Houses, and require a two-third majority to be presented to the Kaiserin for approval.

ii). Citizens shall be allowed to vote for as many as five candidates for the Reichstag.
Dominius Aurelius
Dominius Aurelius
Viceroy

https://theimperialdominion.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down