The Imperial Dominion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life In The Beltway

Go down

Life In The Beltway Empty Life In The Beltway

Post  Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:34 pm

So....
Whoa.
That was a lot of very fast political maneuvering.
Is our PM still at the farm? He'll have a fat inbox when he gets back.
Wow.
That's really what I wanted to say.

Now, down to business, what will become of us?
Will the Imperial Dominion live on in semi-autonomy? Will we be the Farœ Islands?
Or will we all move over completely to this new government?
I want to hear people's thoughts and plans in a casual (i.e. not threatening to assassinate the EmperorGovernorRegent, bomb Parliament, or cause a civil war) way.

Last edited by The Barricades on Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : He's not the Governor anymore? He's the Regent? What a fast moving world we live in.)

Back to top Go down

Life In The Beltway Empty Re: Life In The Beltway

Post  Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:43 pm

as everyone should well know i plan to go off and form a peace loving utopia known as nox eternis, this haven wil welcome all, and it has a better structured forum on the way, ie tommorow, come along away from chaos and into revelry, oh and i have no intention of starting any wars.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Swarm had offered to have me join Edgen back when I was getting our alliance together. I might be taking him up on the offer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:50 pm

This region is now a part of The New Inquisition. Don't make any hasty moves, we are not dissolving. Wait for word from the PM.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:51 pm

Yes, Minister Kailas, we all know your plans.

I've taken a more moderate approach.
I've actually gone to The New Inquisition and set myself up there. I'm a peasant, hardly a Lord, but I'm doing a bit of fact-finding while I'm out there.
I'm going to examine their community and see how everything goes. Maybe I'll support full integration.

As I see it now, it seems likely we'll be semi-autonomous. If that happens, and we are allowed to continue in our own Parliament and in the Diet, which is theirs (they're big into Imperial Germany, bordering on out right fascism, so these names appear not infrequently), but as I say, if we are allowed to continue in both, I think I'll set up a political party to represent our interests in our Mother Country, to make sure that we aren't overrun by their 398 or whatever members.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:59 pm

My First Report:
They are certainly more cluttered than we are, with a lot more information scattered about.
However, it's a side effect of being more active than we are.
They have media, although only "DoubleThink" and one other of their many publications seem to be currently active.
The use of German extensively begins to annoy.
More reports as they come in.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:02 pm

I personally find Edgen to be more user friendly in their forums. Also, i'm particularly fond of Swarm. He knows what he's doing, and he has the references to prove it. Their community isn't as active as the New Inquisition's however they're active and friendly towards everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:04 pm

Can I get a link to Swarm's forum?
I'm open to all options in my fact-finding, and may even go to Parliament "Don't be their colony.. BE SWARM'S!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:14 pm

Report No 2:
They have a church.
And they're lighting candles for dead loved ones.
It makes this cranky old (in experience, not in years) atheist's heart fall apart when I think of how sweet yet strangely naïve and odd that is.
I really don't like most churches, unless they're like St Paul's or St Patrick's, which are quite nice and lavish. Would make great hotels or museums, but are somewhat wasted.
However, black is not such a great colour for a church and everything in the Inquisition is black and grey.
The Church is called St Galileo's, no doubt with a good bit of irony as Galileo spent the last years of his life under house arrest by The Inquisition.

But, as they say in France, I've strayed from my sheep.
The Inquisition has a Roman Catholic Church.
Some will find this redeeming, others will find it repugnant; I myself am indifferent but thought you might want to know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:04 am

The Barricades wrote:Yes, Minister Kailas, we all know your plans.

I've taken a more moderate approach.
I've actually gone to The New Inquisition and set myself up there. I'm a peasant, hardly a Lord, but I'm doing a bit of fact-finding while I'm out there.
I'm going to examine their community and see how everything goes. Maybe I'll support full integration.

As I see it now, it seems likely we'll be semi-autonomous. If that happens, and we are allowed to continue in our own Parliament and in the Diet, which is theirs (they're big into Imperial Germany, bordering on out right fascism, so these names appear not infrequently), but as I say, if we are allowed to continue in both, I think I'll set up a political party to represent our interests in our Mother Country, to make sure that we aren't overrun by their 398 or whatever members.

I hope we do remain semi-atonomous, I like it here, I have also joined The New Inquisition forum. It seems a little crowded for me but, I like to stay involved. Hopefully I will be able to.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:12 am

yes the right wing facism does not suit me (ah now im a hypocrit) however my new realm is a feudal state, all are welcome. as for swarm we already have an alliance with him and foster a very strong freindship.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominius Aurelius Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:41 am

You (Hal Kailas, Barricades, Quaeus, and Klingonic) do realize that you're the only ones complaining about it, right?

Quite a few of our members have already joined the other forum without a single issue.

We will still be semi-autonomous, and you will still keep you're government positions, except that I will now be Regent instead of Emperor, and I will no longer transmit my own orders, but that of the Kaiserin of The New Inquisition.

The Prime Minister will still be the head of the government, except I will step in as the true leader in some cases, but only when it's completely necessary.
Dominius Aurelius
Dominius Aurelius
Viceroy

https://theimperialdominion.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominius Aurelius Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:10 am

A copy of the Kaiserin's speech on our Regional Message Board:

Greetings everyone.

I am Kaiserin Augusta Viktoria Griffin I.

please, do not feel threatened by us, we only want to help, we only want to make this region greater and give you all more opportunities.

I am not a dictater, nor do i wish to attack or harm this region in any way.

The shadow emperor has been a long time servant of our region and he knows how successful we have been and a colonial partnership between the two regions would help both of us in many ways. Please do not dismiss this plan right away.

please direct your questions and complaints to me.
Dominius Aurelius
Dominius Aurelius
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:49 pm

I apologize for any offense you may take to me saying this, Dominus, but I found it somewhat underhanded that you would be participating in other regions and their forums actively while on the off-hand running our own region and its forums and you get mad at us when we slack off. It seems to me as a founder of a region you shouldn't be splitting your time between your own and someone else's. A region doesn't flourish when its founder is off frolicking in another region's forums collecting as many titles as he can.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:55 pm

well you see we are already apart of there Super region if you will.
When he joined I am guessing he was asked for the Imperial Dominion to join them, and so he made all the arangements and then just got on the vote for there elections after we joined them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:10 pm

I have recently won an election in this other region, and am a Reichstag Delegate (equal to our Lords), Deputy Home Secretary (like our Domestic Affairs), and Deputy Minister Of War. This has given me more duties there, rather than here, since I delegate most of my duties here to all my Ministers.

I was a part of the other region WAY BEFORE making this one. I've decided, for the sake of inactivity here, to allow our members to join The New Inquisition.

You don't collect three very important places in the government and not be extremely active in their region. Which brings up the question of how much of his time he's actually been dedicating to us. A region isn't something you make when you're bored. You have to be willing to dedicate a lot of time to it as the founder. I now feel like I joined an experiment, not a region. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if he created this region with the intention to make it into a colony and please his highly literate master.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominius Aurelius Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Minister Quaeus wrote:
I have recently won an election in this other region, and am a Reichstag Delegate (equal to our Lords), Deputy Home Secretary (like our Domestic Affairs), and Deputy Minister Of War. This has given me more duties there, rather than here, since I delegate most of my duties here to all my Ministers.

I was a part of the other region WAY BEFORE making this one. I've decided, for the sake of inactivity here, to allow our members to join The New Inquisition.

You don't collect three very important places in the government and not be extremely active in their region. Which brings up the question of how much of his time he's actually been dedicating to us. A region isn't something you make when you're bored. You have to be willing to dedicate a lot of time to it as the founder. I now feel like I joined an experiment, not a region. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if he created this region with the intention to make it into a colony and please his highly literate master.

I was in that region LONG before I thought about making this one. This region was an EXPERIMENT, and it became one that I didn't have the time to lead, so I merged it to ease pressure off myself.

The Imperial Dominion will be largely self-running, but I'll only come and step in during extreme cases.
Dominius Aurelius
Dominius Aurelius
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:53 pm

so what we are lab rats now oh thanks mister democrat no.1, as if this is a pile of rubbish, and no we are not the only ones moaning there are lots of us

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:58 pm

Let me be the first one to say how dare you. How dare you waste my, and everyone else's time on this lie that is a region. I put large amounts of time into recruiting for this region only to find I have been asked to lie to unsuspecting nations about the authenticity of this region. HOW. DARE. YOU. And then you take all of our hard work, hand it over to a man who can't spell dictator, and tell us all our hard work was for nothing.

I will not join your disgusting region. If one of its leaders does this in his spare time, I shudder to think what the others do! You should be ashamed of yourself. You wont get out of this one. I will personally see that your experiment no longer benefits you and the New Inquisition. Whether it be reporting this to a moderator, having the region invaded, or advertising for everyone to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:04 pm

I SPIT ON YOU AND YOUR PATHETIC ESCUSE FOR A MIND, now my farewell, goodbye my freinds, and let you rot aurelius

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:26 pm

Why are people complaining over this "experiment"? The experiment was a success and we had a functioning region. Everything was working fine. We were not "lab rats", well we kinda were but not anymore. This land was a great one and my favorite. I felt welcome and accepted insted of shunned and alone like in my former region. If you cannot accept the opportunites (and I am a bit late) get out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:59 pm

ronoc49 wrote:Why are people complaining over this "experiment"? The experiment was a success and we had a functioning region. Everything was working fine. We were not "lab rats", well we kinda were but not anymore. This land was a great one and my favorite. I felt welcome and accepted insted of shunned and alone like in my former region. If you cannot accept the opportunites (and I am a bit late) get out.

I am with you my friend. If they don't like it they can go away. BTW ronoc49, if you see any disparaging words or ads for other regions, let me know. I will ban them immediately.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominius Aurelius Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:07 am

WOW.....I like this new layout! Rellik Darkholme, you may certainly keep your job.

Shocked Very Happy
Dominius Aurelius
Dominius Aurelius
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:40 pm

whoa we have a new prime minister? when did this happen? sorry I've been away for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominius Aurelius Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:11 am

Optamus wrote:whoa we have a new prime minister? when did this happen? sorry I've been away for a while.

Yeah, Rellik offered to change around the layout and help me with the removal of traitors and old posts, so I let him have the job.
Dominius Aurelius
Dominius Aurelius
Viceroy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum